Saturday, February 28, 2009

My name's Rick

So I figure it's about time I blogged about Rick. Rick is the homeless man who lives on my front porch. It began with a cooler,a red cooler that appeared on my front porch. This was apparently acting as his suitcase. The first time I encountered rick was on a Tuesday morning around 10am. He was screaming "Jesus Christopher Jesus Christopher, I hate my life", and moaning. He was also running back and forth between the porch and the rectory of the church.

Two days later I left my house and there was rick, with who else but my drug addict upstairs neighbor, because of course, rick is his friend and this is why he's here. I come out on to the porch and rick says to me "hey, I'm rick, you'll probably see me around a lot! " and of course I'm thinking "the fuck I won't!" but clearly the man is crazy and as I have no desire to start a war with the homeless man on my porch, I just smiled and walked away, as matt (my upstairs neighbor) gave me his usual salutation "be safe!". Is that a threat? Who says that?

We haven't quite decided how to deal with rick just yet, but foe the time being he seems
Pretty harmless....

No comments: