Saturday, January 10, 2009

back to blogging

ok, i figure now that i've relocated to NYC, i should start blogging again, seeing as i'm running into ridiculous things on a daily basis that i feel compelled to share with you all. i'll use the next few posts to cover the last couple days. here goes:


so my parents helped me move-in, which of course was nothing short of hysterical. after a long day of moving in all my shit, we decided to hang out in my kitchen and eat dinner. mum and i played scrabble while dad watch football. i was texting davia, when my dad asked who i was talking to. when i told him davia, here was his response:

"oh. well tell her to get her ass out here. and tell her to bring some brie!"

now, allow me to clarify something. my dad is not a brie man. in fact, i can't say for certain that he's ever had brie. he's more of cheddar cheese with a sleeve of saltines kind of man.

needless to say, i texted that to davia, who responded with "my ass is too lazy to come out to brooklyn. i don't think i can get off the couch"

to which my dad demanded i respond:

"KEEP YOUR LAZY ASS ON THE COUCH. WE AIN'T GOIN' ANYWHERE EITHER. But can you send the brie in a taxi?"

davia's response of "Anything for you Papa Dubs" left him giggling to himself for the rest of the night.

No comments: